Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Facebook Responds to 'The Social Network's' 8 Oscar Nominations

Photobucket

Mark Zuckerberg doesn't have a lot to say about
The Social Network's eight Oscar nominations.

"We've said all we're going to say about the movie and the books," a rep for the social networking site tells The Hollywood Reporter. "We've moved on from this discussion, and we think others have, too."

Zuckerberg has said he's a fan of Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of him, for which he was nominated in the best actor category.

Said Eisenberg, whose cousin works for Facebook: "My cousin sent me a text message telling me that Mark liked the parts that the movie got right and he thought I did a nice job."

The Facebook founder took several members of his staff to a screening of the film.

"It's a movie, it's fun ... I can promise you, this is my life so I know it's not that dramatic,” he told Oprah Winfrey in September. “The last six years have been a lot of coding and focus and hard work, but maybe it would be fun to remember it as partying and all this crazy drama.”

source

No comments:

Post a Comment